Sunday, November 28, 2010
It has been to long....
I figured I better get back to blogging. Over a year has past since my last post. I never meant to go so long. Alot of things have happened in the last year. I should start off apologizing for not keeping you all updated on my last pregnancy. I want to just recap this last year. We have had a very eventful year, My dear Grandmom passed away in Jan so we took a trip home. Brody turned two on the 31st of Jan. When we returned home I was put on bed-rest for the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy. I was not sure how we were going to be able to handle it with 4 small children 2 of which I had to get to school every day. I am very grateful to my mother in law for coming and staying with us during that time. On April 8th we welcomed a healthy baby boy to our family. Bryce Leon Jensen weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He had a very hard time gaining weight and the said he was failure to thrive so I had to take him in for weekly weight checks. I had to start supplementing and he started gaining weight. May 18th Blake turned 4. The girls finished up the school year and then the travels began. The kids and i took a trip to visit friends in Iowa for a week. Bryce was only 6 weeks old for this first trip. We got home and decided that our families need to meet Bryce so once again I loaded up the kids for a 16 hour trip home. We spent 3 fun filled weeks and took a different route home so then I got to see some friends in Utah. We had a really great time. Braylynn then started summer school which was very good for her. On August 3rd Braylynn turned 9. We decided to rent the gymnastics center to do a combined party for the girls. It was all set for the 11th and on the 10th I started having really bad pains and went to the Dr and the discovered that I had kidney stones that were 7 mm. The Dr gave me some shots and sent me home to see if they would pass. That night I got very ill and ended up calling his nurse which happens to be a friend. She said I was probably just dehydrated and he would just have me come up for some fluids. Well he wanted to check with the urologist and he said to get me to his office asap. I went in and he said that I only had a 10% chance of passing them on my own since they were so big. I was scheduled for surgery that night. So I sent Chris home with the kids to do the girls party and he would just come back and get me that night or first thing the next morning. That was the plan. However that is not what happened. I ended up with a severe bladder infection so they could not do the surgery for the kidney stones but had to put a stint in. When they put the stint in they released ecoli into my entire bloodstream and I spiked 106 degree temp. I spent 5 days in the hospital and can not remember much of that time. I had a reaction to Demerol so that was rough. I came home and had to wait to have the stint removed then have the kidney surgery. I was not sure what we were going to do with the kids when I had to go back in since Chris had used all his vacation time. My parents ended up flying up to help with the kids. What a blessing they are to us. We finally got all that taken care of and I recovered fairly quickly. Bayleigh turned 6 on Aug 15th. The girls started 3rd and 1st grade this year. We have enjoyed our fall here this year it was beautiful. The kids and I had a thanksgiving dinner here and it was nice. We all get homesick this time of year. We have been truly blessed this year and are grateful for our family. Bryce is no longer failure to thrive and weighs 22 lbs and is almost 8 months. I am very blessed to have 5 wonderful children. Thanks for all that made it through this long post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad you are posting again!
Yay Amy!!!! You posted! Love the picture!!!! So cute!
Post a Comment